Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for July 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects using our favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper as well as coordinating embellishments. What we love about Stampin’ Up! is they make it so easy to mix and match colors. And, the amazing selection of embellishments provides a wonderful finished look to our projects. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Each year Stampin’ Up! out-does itself and makes the best designer series paper I’ve ever seen and used. There isn’t one set I love less or the most for that matter. However, for this hop I was drawn to Blooms & Bliss DSP. It’s a soft yet bold pattern with all the flowers and matching colors.
- Borders Make All Cards Standout. It took me a while to get it, but I think I’m figuring it out…adding a very thin border to a card will enhance and make the designer series paper the entire focal point. Who cares about focal points though!? I hear/read that often and you know what? It doesn’t matter, but it helps right? (LOL)
- Embellish a Small Flower. Although tiny flower look cute on their own, I really believe that by adding just a tiny embellishment to the center it just makes it twice as pretty.
- Doesn’t always Have to Be Black Ink. I don’t always choose to stamp the sentiment with black ink sometimes I want it to match the darkest color on the designer series paper, hence the reason why Stampin’ Up! takes the guess-work out the need to coordinate colors yourself. They’re the best and do it for you.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Pamela Sadler at stampin pink rose
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards <— YOU ARE HERE
- Laura Schollaart at Laura b’ Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Shannon Jaramillo at ShannonKayPaperie
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts