My love for creativity goes deeper than handmade greeting cards. When I retired 1.3 years ago, I know seems like so long ago, I was encouraged to use my graphic designs skills to make custom invitations (and so much more). Today I bring you a very simple doily card that was inspired by a custom invitation made a few days ago.
The card I made for a customer used a doily purchased from a restaurant supplier…the tough job was assembling 100 of them. But the one I made below is with Stampin’ Up! product that you too can make and make it look elegant to boot!
- The Doily. Doily’s remind me of my paternal grandmother and my mom and they bring back nostalgia for me and that’s why I love them so much. When I go to a restaurant they often put a cute doily on a plate and you already know what I do right? I take it so I can make a card out of it.
- Use Only One! Your doily’s will go a long way if you use just one. Cut it in half and adhere on each side. It’s okay if it doesn’t close all the way. I used a tiny glue dot on one side to hold it in place. You can also use a smaller ribbon and string it through the openings…it’s up to you.
- Measurements. Black Cardstock: 3″ x 3″, Red cardstock: 2.75″ x 2.75″, Whisper White cardstock: 2.50″ x 2.50″ Doily measures 3″ in circumference.
Use Host Code above and receive a gift from me when you place an on-line order via my on-line store. Do not use if your order is more than $150. You will receive additional Host Reward and you’ll automatically receive a gift from me.
DO YOU WANT FREE SHIPPING? READ ON: You can do this each time a new seasonal catalog is introduced. You’ll NEVER ever have to make any sales and you just let your membership expire. Three ways steps:
- Join as a hobby demonstrator when you want to place an order that equals $99.
- Stampin’ Up! will literally GIVE YOU an additional $26 in product…WHATEVER you want for only $99.
- …and most important! FREE shipping.
Peace, Love & Lots of Hugs,