Welcome to the Pals October, 2018 Blog Hop. It’s a spooky time of year so watch out for “Wicked Folds” while you hop from blog to blog. We promise not to be too scary.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The creation of a fold should not be difficult, should not be laborious and shouldn’t take too much time (LOL). That’s my story and I’m sticking to it with my fold today. I promise you my card is super easy peasy! It literally has only four folds with stamping directly on the base of the card, which measures 12″ x 5-1/2″. It is scored at 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″. You will see in the images below how it’s folded.
Easy right? To create the heart-shaped cut out I used the heart from the Puzzle Pieces thinlits in the middle of each folder at the 2″ & 8″ folds. To stamp the image directly in the center of the heart, I used the Stamparatus to line up the stamp and the open hearts created with the thinlits. I did use our 12″ x 12″ cardstock and cut it at 5-1/2″, but you can also use a 8-12″ x 11″ sheet by cutting two sheets at 5-1/2″ x 8″ and score them both at 2″ and 4″. Then you simply glue together the 4″ sides on top of the other (overlapping it).
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, November 14, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. November is time for “Anything But a Card” where the Pals will feature creations suitable for holiday gifting. Don’t miss the fun.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jill Killeen at The Killeen House Studio
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Maggie at Maggie Made Cards
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
Right now is the perfect time to start your own handmade Christmas cards. This kit makes 20 cards: 5 each of 4 designs and they measure 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
When you buy this kit with the Clear Mount Stamp Set (it costs much less than wood), I will send you the acrylic blocks needed for FREE! Everything you need to buy to get started is in the link below:
If you want to purchase additional adhesive refills, it’s always an option:
A handmade card should NOT be stressful to put together! Today’s card was put together in-between my elliptical work-outs (LOL). I did a quick 20-minute cardio followed by a 10 minute rest period than another 20 minutes repeated four times. What! A rest period? Yes, a rest period! I had to be very careful about not letting sweat beads drip on the paper (LOL).
Here’s how the card was put together in 10 minutes (or less):
- Cut one sheet of Powder Pink cardstock in half. It doesn’t matter if it’s the 8-1/2″ or 11″ side. After it’s been cut, fold & crease one of the halves in half. It’s best if the paper is scored and if you have a Stampin’ Trimmer, even better! Press it down with a bone folder.
- Take a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut it 1/4 inch smaller than the Powder Pink card base so it measures 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Trim down the Garden Impression designer series paper (6″ x 6″) to 1/4″ inch smaller than the Whisper White cardstock (3-3/4″ x 5″).
- Use a scrap of Basic Black & scrap of Basic White to cut out the words from the thinlits. Use Multipurpose Liquid glue to adhere it and use a few Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals on “YOU” to give it a slight pop. Dress up the word with three of the tiny Rhinestones.
*I love Multipurpose Liquid Glue because it allows you to position the paper perfectly before it dries. Especially if you use the eye-ball method to put the card layers together (LOL).
WHO WANTS FREE SHIPPING? You can do this each time a new catalog is introduced. You’ll NEVER ever have to make any sales and you just let your membership expire. Here’s the loophole:
- Choose $126 worth of ANY product desired, BUT pay only $99.
- Get FREE shipping and NEVER EVER worry about selling or buying anything further.
- Visit JoinThePals.com for more information.
There’s no risk, no obligation to purchase anything further and no penalty to drop!
Why not give Stampin’ Up! and my Circle of Pals
a test drive
and start chose your items here
- Get your items today and your membership is good through January 2019.
- In February 2019 do it again for the same exact cost and get FREE shipping AGAIN. It’s the loophole nobody tells you about!
- As a bonus, I will gift you a laser engraved bone folder. =)
FREE LASER ENGRAVED BONE FOLDER. When you place an order of $75 or more (before tax) with me you will receive a FREE Laser Engraved bone folder from me. After your purchase click HERE to claim it!